Each month a different curator organizes a show – utilizing up to 3 galleries (front, back, mid), divided at the curator’s discretion. Spaces can be shared and shows can include unlimited artists, space providing.
Calls for art should be advertised 1 month in advance of show date. Shows should start first Friday or Saturday of the month and are taken down 5 days before the end of month.
Curator’s responsibilities include:
– Create advertising for social media and print (Call For Art + art show opening flyer)
– Collect all artwork from artists
– Collect agreement sheet (provided by Flemington DIY) from all artists prior to/during drop off- Coordinate drop off and hanging
– Host opening
– Organize open hours to ensure people see the art!
– Take down artwork
– Repair walls (if needed) and repaint after taking down shows, within last 5 days of month
Fees: A donation of $50-150 total (sliding scale) for month-long shows is strongly suggested and Flemington DIY will receive 20% of all sold works. No one will be denied if this is an issue. Any donations from visitors to shows will go to DIY.
Please note DIY is 100% volunteer run and all collected monies are used directly for operational costs. Your donations, volunteer time, and involvement at Flemington DIY are highly appreciated!
Send all art show inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.