FLEMINGTON DIY (Do It Yourself) is an organization whose mission is to inspire social change by fostering and cultivating projects that connect the local community with musicians and artists in Flemington. Since May 2014, we have been providing a safe and creative space for the community to engage with a burgeoning local arts scene. We strive to provide production facilities to locally-based artists in tandem with coordinating arts-based programs and events.
– Providing a safe and accessible outlet for community members’ expression
– Fostering an inclusive community in Flemington with respect for and through participation with the broader community.
– Showcasing socially-conscious ideas and promoting networks between others.
– Actively combating sexism, homophobia, racism, and other forms of oppression.
– Creating a safe space for everyone.
As a collective we value collaboration, shared knowledge, self-expression, and meaningful communication. Everyone who enters the space has a responsibility to uphold these values.
The space itself serves as not only a meeting place, but also a gallery and performance venue. 90 Main offers multi-purpose rooms and work space providing music recording and production, painting and art studios, as well as rehearsal rooms and a free library. Located in an old bank on Main Street, the setting provides a unique atmosphere in which to create and come together.
GROUPS & ORGANIZATIONS WE HAVE WORKED WITH AND SUPPORTED
– Hunterdon Academy of the Arts
– Hunterdon Central Regional High School
– Oldwick Community Players
– Hunterdon Helpline
– Jersey Battered Women’s Service
– Hunterdon County Anti-Racism Coalition
– Hunterdon Humane Animal Shelter
AWARDS AND HONORS
– Recipient of Downtown NJ’s Tools of the Trade Platinum of Excellence Award, 2014
– Participants in NJ Future’s 10th Anniversary Redevelopment Forum, 2015